Graphic Design Forum | GraphicsCode.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What tips would you give to a new website?

+9
imkingdavid
kewlkreator
prodij
ankillien
carmidy
Toxic
anonymous#1
Admin
Kasperx
13 posters

Go down

What tips would you give to a new website? Empty What tips would you give to a new website?

Post by Kasperx 2009-11-22, 13:55

What tips would you give to a new website?

1. The obvious one is to have a unique website idea. Nowadays its hard to find a new idea or a site that stands out because of its idea.

2. think of smthn n its already there and other answers u should have alot of contacts like anywhere whether on msn, forums, real life and that would be the base for ur marketing and u should ofcourse take care of the graphics and the look of the forum, assign an assistant to take care of stuff u cant handle or just help u and hmm u know what u shouldnt put alot of rules and section coz it would be confusing n not attractive!
u should have a forum that is not so general or u wouldnt no wat to do like for example, music, movies, cooking, internet ..etc, u know some ppl do that and its lame!!
u should think of a way that attract ppl
- what are their interests?
- how can i help them?
- how can i encourage(motivate) them?

3. A website should have its own original design that is very appealing. Don't matter if it's a custom order or the webmaster designed it him/herself.

4. Have contents of your own. Just because one forum is successful does not mean you can copy paste and expecting the same kind of result

5. Focus more on people best interest.

6. DONT GIVE UP.

7. In this age of competition, it is quite impossible to come up with complete new idea. You don't need to to different thing but you need to do the same things differently

8. Promotion matters! Just giving link of the site here and there doesn't make any sense. It will bring visitors to the site but not targeted visitors Proper method of promotion should be followed.

9. Be original, never try to copy others because search engines don't like copy cats. They can catch duplicate content and avoid listing your site.

10) Promote, promote, and more promote. Let people know about your site. If they don't know about it, they won't show up. Do not rely on "If you build it, they will come." You have to let people know.

11) Post, and get members to post. No one wants to join a dead or empty forum. So when you first start out, join promotion forums and apply for posting packages. Although most of those members that give you those initial posts will never come back (although some will), it will make your site at least appear active.

12) Share your link. Post it on a lot of forums, put it in directories, have friends add it to their sites. The more links into your site there are, the better page rank you will get.

13) Once again, let people know. Your potential members are out there, just waiting for you to tell them about your forum. Now all you have to do is tell them.

14) Be patient: it's not going to happen over night. It might not even happen in a month. My own forum took just under a month to reach 28 members and 1000 posts, but some forums might take even longer to get that. Don't give up, or your potentially successful site will definitely be unsuccessful.

15) Those are good tips. I would also suggest to not even think about modifing something that you copy. Copying success will end in a fail.

Last edited by Kasperx on 2009-12-08, 11:53; edited 6 times in total
Kasperx
Kasperx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 567

http://elite-gfx.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

What tips would you give to a new website? Empty Re: What tips would you give to a new website?

Post by Admin 2009-11-22, 13:57

The obvious one is to have a unique website idea. Nowadays its hard to find a new idea or a site that stands out because of its idea.

Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male Posts : 1156

Back to top Go down

What tips would you give to a new website? Empty Re: What tips would you give to a new website?

Post by anonymous#1 2009-11-22, 16:55

ttly agree with dave u think of smthn n its already there and other answers u should have alot of contacts like anywhere whether on msn, forums, real life and that would be the base for ur marketing and u should ofcourse take care of the graphics and the look of the forum, assign an assistant to take care of stuff u cant handle or just help u and hmm u know what u shouldnt put alot of rules and section coz it would be confusing n not attractive!
u should have a forum that is not so general or u wouldnt no wat to do like for example, music, movies, cooking, internet ..etc, u know some ppl do that and its lame!!
u should think of a way that attract ppl
- what are their interests?
- how can i help them?
- how can i encourage(motivate) them?

am sorry my post is so random n not so organized xd
anonymous#1
anonymous#1

Female Posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic 2009-11-23, 12:25

1. A website should have its own original design that is very appealing. Don't matter if it's a custom order or the webmaster designed it him/herself.

A whored-out skin/theme always turn me away.

2. Have contents of your own. Just because one forum is successful does not mean you can copy paste and expecting the same kind of result.

3. Focus more on people best interest.
Toxic
Toxic

Female Posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by carmidy 2009-11-24, 19:01

DONT GIVE UP.

Believe me. I've been building websites since I was 12. I'm 10 years in the running now and I've seen sooo many people become discouraged and just throw it all away (myself included).

carmidy

Female Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien 2009-12-06, 14:37

My tips are...

1) In this age of competition, it is quite impossible to come up with complete new idea. You don't need to to different thing but you need to do the same things differently What tips would you give to a new website? 945422

2) Promotion matters! Just giving link of the site here and there doesn't make any sense. It will bring visitors to the site but not targeted visitors What tips would you give to a new website? 55795 Proper method of promotion should be followed.

3) Be original, never try to copy others because search engines don't like copy cats. They can catch duplicate content and avoid listing your site.
ankillien
ankillien

Male Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by prodij 2009-12-06, 18:25

Be sure to get the word out about your site. Don't just post your website on twitter and hope one of your 5 followers visit it. Post it where you're website is appealing to. If it's about gaming, advertise it on a gaming forum. If it's about music, advertise on a music forum. Be sure to check with the rules of the websites you advertise on first, some may not condone it.
prodij
prodij

Male Posts : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by kewlkreator 2009-12-06, 20:25

dotDavid wrote:The obvious one is to have a unique website idea. Nowadays its hard to find a new idea or a site that stands out because of its idea.
I most certainly agree.
kewlkreator
kewlkreator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 927

Back to top Go down

Post by imkingdavid 2009-12-08, 03:53

1) Promote, promote, and more promote. Let people know about your site. If they don't know about it, they won't show up. Do not rely on "If you build it, they will come." You have to let people know.

2) Post, and get members to post. No one wants to join a dead or empty forum. So when you first start out, join promotion forums and apply for posting packages. Although most of those members that give you those initial posts will never come back (although some will), it will make your site at least appear active. Smile

3) Share your link. Post it on a lot of forums, put it in directories, have friends add it to their sites. The more links into your site there are, the better page rank you will get.

4) Once again, let people know. Your potential members are out there, just waiting for you to tell them about your forum. Now all you have to do is tell them.

5) Be patient: it's not going to happen over night. It might not even happen in a month. My own forum took just under a month to reach 28 members and 1000 posts, but some forums might take even longer to get that. Don't give up, or your potentially successful site will definitely be unsuccessful.

What tips would you give to a new website? 945422 I hope this helps. What tips would you give to a new website? 2555

imkingdavid

Male Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin McBride 2009-12-08, 07:28

Those are good tips. I would also suggest to not even think about modifing something that you copy. Copying success will end in a fail.

Justin McBride

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by monika 2010-08-10, 16:16

I have a web site, named custom web design and the design is old and not looks so impressive comparing to others. So i have decided to change the deisgn. I have started to redesign it. Though these are basics yet i will keep these in mind when designing. Smile

monika

Female Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by aprillove20 2010-10-25, 06:56

Just have unique lay outs, design, concept and name. That's important.

aprillove20

Female Posts : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by minervainfotech 2010-12-03, 11:55

Hi ankillien,
Excellent tips! Thanks for sharing with us.

minervainfotech

Male Posts : 5

http://www.minervait.com

Back to top Go down

Post by minervainfotech 2010-12-06, 16:41

Simple SEO tasks to be done before launching a new website

minervainfotech

Male Posts : 5

http://www.minervait.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down